1 Hour Annuity Training: The "Best Interest" Standard - CFP®
CFP® Certification CE
1 credit hour
* A roster fee of $1.25 per credit is required to file CFP® Certification CE credit. That fee is collected as part of your purchase and is then used to pay for the filling of your credits.
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
December 31, 2023 (28 Days)
Insurance Continuing Education
Insurance producers recommending and selling annuities are required to consider the client benefits and concerns associated with annuities and their impact on the particular client before recommending them. They must ensure that an annuity recommendation serve the client’s best interest and that the client will be able to benefit from one or more of the product’s features. For an annuity recommendation and sale to be deemed suitable and in the best interest of the client, an insurance producer must disclose certain information, including the important annuity features—resulting in any client advantages or disadvantages—to the client.
Learning Objectives: Students who have completed this course should be able to
- Define suitability and the requirements of Regulation Best Interest in the context of an annuity transaction;
- Describe the client information required to perform an appropriate annuity suitability analysis and determine if an annuity recommendation is in the client’s best interest;
- List the types of information that must be disclosed when making an annuity recommendation;
- Identify those situations in which an insurance producer has no suitability or best interest obligation to the client; and
- Describe the recordkeeping obligations to which insurance producers are subject in connection with recommended annuity transactions.
NON-RESIDENT LICENSEES: Non-resident licensees completing the course in a non-resident state will be issued a certificate showing completion of the course to meet the Annuity Best Interest Training requirement for the ability to sell, solicit and negotiate annuity products for your carriers in that state.
PLEASE NOTE: In most cases, completion of this course in a Non-Resident state will not be eligible for insurance continuing education. Completion of the course for only CFP credit will not be eligible for an insurance or annuity certificate of completion.
INSURANCE AGENTS!! The course in this catalog is approved for CFP credit. If you are NOT a CFP then you should register for the course in your state catalog. If this course is not available in your state catalog, you may have missed the requisite window for you to complete the course in your state.
This course has been certified by:
Rules for CFP® Certification CE
- Course material may be downloaded. Most online materials will have a PDF version available on your dashboard to download.
- Exam is open book. You will not be able to access the online materials at the same time as the exam, but you may use your notes and the PDF download of the material, if that is available for your particular course.
- You must review the entire course before viewing or completing the exam.
- The state of National charges an additional fee of $1.25 per credit hour.