2022 Federal Income Tax Changes - CFP®
CFP® Certification CE
3.5 credit hours
* A roster fee of $1.25 per credit is required to file CFP® Certification CE credit. That fee is collected as part of your purchase and is then used to pay for the filling of your credits.
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
December 31, 2023 (99 Days)
Each year, various limits affecting income tax preparation and planning change. Some changes commonly occur each year as a result of inflation indexing, while others occur because of new legislation or the sunsetting of existing law. This course will examine those tax changes that are more significant from the perspective of an income tax preparer. Some context will be supplied, as appropriate, to assist readers in understanding the changes.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- List the changes affecting standard mileage rates, standard deductions, AMT exemption amounts, limits related to income from U.S. Savings Bonds for taxpayers paying higher education expenses, and deductions for qualified long-term care insurance premiums;
- Identify the various tax credit changes;
- Recognize the changes in Health Savings Account (HSA) and Archer Medical Savings Account (MSA) requirements and contribution limits, Roth IRA eligibility, and traditional IRA contribution deductibility for active participants in employer-sponsored qualified plans;
- Explain the changes effective for the year with respect to the small employer premium tax credit and applicable large employer mandate under the ACA; and
- Describe the principal legislative changes affecting tax advisers and tax preparers.
Rules for CFP® Certification CE
- Course material may be downloaded. Most online materials will have a PDF version available on your dashboard to download.
- Exam is open book. You will not be able to access the online materials at the same time as the exam, but you may use your notes and the PDF download of the material, if that is available for your particular course.
- You must review the entire course before viewing or completing the exam.
- The state of National charges an additional fee of $1.25 per credit hour.