Business Life and Disability - CFP®
CFP® Certification CE
4 credit hours
* A roster fee of $1.25 per credit is required to file CFP® Certification CE credit. That fee is collected as part of your purchase and is then used to pay for the filling of your credits.
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
December 31, 2023 (28 Days)
Insurance Continuing Education
Professional Continuing Education
Business Life and Disability explores and discusses business types and characteristics as well as the application of Life and Disability insurances in the various business entities as an instrument for solving many of the complex issues that the business owners of all types face.
Business life insurance and disability insurance are generally applicable to the distinct composition of a particular business entity and how specifically has been structured such as a sole proprietorship, a partnership, a corporation, or a limited liability company. The type of business dictates how the company manages critical situations and solves human resource issues along with addressing what will and may happen to the business over time, to the investors, to the employees, and to the families of the employees in the event of death.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the world of "business insurance". Your course examines the problems and protection opportunities common to all basic business structures. It examines and compares the many various problems they encounter during their business cycles and business growth and development over time. You will be exposed to and benefit by discussions on a whole host of key elements in this area, including:
- the business continuity options of each form of business
- the different ownership structures of each business form
- the advantages of using life insurance for funding agreements and benefits
- the taxation of owners of each form of business
- the advantages and disadvantages of various business structures existing today
- the purpose for business continuation and succession planning
- the role played by the use of life insurance and disability insurance.
- the impact of tax considerations in business planning.
- the strategies that protect and the business owner’s ability to obtain, retain, and strengthen relationships with key personnel.
- the value of keeping businesses in a vibrant role of continuation through solutions that are beneficial to owners, employees and heirs
Rules for CFP® Certification CE
- Course material may be downloaded. Most online materials will have a PDF version available on your dashboard to download.
- Exam is open book. You will not be able to access the online materials at the same time as the exam, but you may use your notes and the PDF download of the material, if that is available for your particular course.
- You must review the entire course before viewing or completing the exam.
- The state of National charges an additional fee of $1.25 per credit hour.