Life Insurance Policies - CFP®
CFP® Certification CE
8 credit hours
* A roster fee of $1.25 per credit is required to file CFP® Certification CE credit. That fee is collected as part of your purchase and is then used to pay for the filling of your credits.
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
December 31, 2023 (28 Days)
Insurance Continuing Education
Life insurance is a unique asset and can be used for any number of reasons, as creating an estate, paying estate taxes and other estate settlement costs, funding a business transfer, paying off the house mortgage, funding college for children, creating a retirement fund and providing guaranteed loans.
This course will introduce you to various types of life insurance contracts, highlighting main advantages and disadvantages and application of the contract specific features for different purposes. Life insurance riders, policy options and provisions, aspects of long-term financial planning using life insurance as a vehicle, retirement planning and annuities, trusts and charitable giving through life insurance, life insurance for business owners, and many other aspects of life insurance are covered.
This comprehensive insurance policies fundamentals course explores and details the numerous different types of products and situations involving life insurance, along with their many applications when it comes to individual, family, and business needs.
Your course covers term, permanent, adjustable, universal, survivorship, single premium, and variable life insurance policies along with the numerous variations within each category. Common provisions and characteristics of life insurance basics are explored and discussed. It outlines and teaches about the many uses of life insurance, both personal and business. In addition, your course explains the income and estate taxation of life insurance along with an extensive discussion of payout options, policy loans, premiums, withdrawals, dividends, cash surrenders, and accelerated death benefits concepts.
Whether you are a newer producer or a veteran, we’re confident that you will gain new insight into this critical area for Americans as well as brush up on current info and details pertinent to this area of your expertise.
Rules for CFP® Certification CE
- Course material may be downloaded. Most online materials will have a PDF version available on your dashboard to download.
- Exam is open book. You will not be able to access the online materials at the same time as the exam, but you may use your notes and the PDF download of the material, if that is available for your particular course.
- You must review the entire course before viewing or completing the exam.
- The state of National charges an additional fee of $1.25 per credit hour.