Life, Annuity and Disability Insurance - CFP®
CFP® Certification CE
6.5 credit hours
* A roster fee of $1.25 per credit is required to file CFP® Certification CE credit. That fee is collected as part of your purchase and is then used to pay for the filling of your credits.
If purchased today, this course must be completed by:
December 31, 2023 (28 Days)
Insurance Continuing Education
Professional Continuing Education
This course is a comprehensive insurance course that explores and details the different types of products and situations involving life insurance, disability income, and annuities along with their many uses when it comes to providing for individual, family, and business needs.
It covers term, permanent, adjustable, universal, and variable life insurance along with the numerous variations within each category. It outlines and teaches the many uses of life insurance, both personal and business. In addition, the course explains the income and estate taxation of life insurance along with an extensive discussion of payout options, policy loans, premiums, withdrawals, dividends, cash surrenders, and accelerated death benefits concepts.
The disability income component in this course is designed to review and teach you about the features of the various types of disability insurance options and non-insurance specific programs, as well. The course explores individual disability insurance, employer-provided disability insurance, government programs that pay disability benefits, and the taxes inherent on these benefits. Provided also is a discussion of the specialized disability-related policies that are used for overhead expenses and buy-sell agreements. Association and Salary continuation arrangements with group disability income protection programs are discussed, as well.
The annuity section profiles the annuity concept and details as well as explains what an annuity is and how it works. The fundamentals of the accumulation and payout phases of annuities are discussed. Settlement options are explained along with their most common uses being covered. This section also discusses taxation of annuities. Federal income tax treatment of premature withdrawals, lump-sum distributions, and periodic payments are dealt with fully. It covers the different types of annuity contracts and the characteristics of each of the fixed, variable and equity indexed varieties. Annuity product types with their features and benefits are highlighted including specifics such as premium options, immediate vs. deferred, qualified vs. nonqualified, and the whole host of settlement options.
Whether you are a newer producer or a veteran, you will gain new insight into this critical area for Americans as well as brush up on current info and details pertinent to this area of your expertise.
Rules for CFP® Certification CE
- Course material may be downloaded. Most online materials will have a PDF version available on your dashboard to download.
- Exam is open book. You will not be able to access the online materials at the same time as the exam, but you may use your notes and the PDF download of the material, if that is available for your particular course.
- You must review the entire course before viewing or completing the exam.
- The state of National charges an additional fee of $1.25 per credit hour.